- Project Team
The Mosaic Project has taken on a special project focused on IT support. The scope of support includes areas such as Enterprise Applications, Email, D2L and a variety of service functions initiated from the University community at large, and fulfilled by the Mosaic/UITS support teams.
The Help Desk - IT support management project is called UAssist and will have the same components as the other Mosaic projects that will include personnel, a project lead, software, and possibly hardware components. Most of the expenditures were already built into the overall plan, but were integrated within each project or rolled into the infrastructure line.
Remedy is our current tool for tracking trouble tickets from their inception at the help desk through their resolution from either a technical or business function expert. The UA now has a site license for Remedy. This means that the licensing fees will be paid centrally, alleviating the need for departments to pay, thus increasing the usage and reducing paperwork.
Currently, the University of Arizona and its constituent support agencies maintain a variety of tools, on various platforms, to manage technical support for business processes. These tools utilize separate data repositories and a variety of process methodologies, creating duplication of effort and confusion about where to go to log a request for assistance. Often times the same issues are logged in multiple systems and some issues are missed altogether.
The objective of the project, UAssist, is to implement an integrated set of support tools to manage cohesive end-to-end support processes for enterprise systems. This set of support tools will be provided through the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite. Using this suite of tools, the project will:
- Provide incident and problem management tools (Remedy Service Desk) for campus to include a one stop portal for individual campus constituents to submit requests for technical assistance (incidents) and check status of previously submitted requests.
- Provide one consolidated system for technical support staff, from various functional departments, to collaborate effectively in the support of enterprise systems.
- Implement Remedy Asset Management with Auto Discovery (ADDM) for enterprise systems (UITS and Mosaic) to increase validity of systems information including hardware and software inventories and physical dependency mapping to associate disparate systems to services.
- Implement Remedy Service Level Management to provide targeted and accurate service delivery oversight and reporting on service delivery capabilities.
- Install and configure the Remedy Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to act as a single source of information for system components utilized in organizational business processes and workflows as well as all applications within the Remedy suite.